Friday, November 9, 2012

today photo

Something small.
This acorn is pretty small.
 
 
So the other day, my photo for the day was 5'o'clock. We happen to have been driving home from Brownsvalley and were driving along the delta right then. well every time we drive by, there's this abandoned sail boat washed up on the shore. It's been picked apart by people, and at one point I think it was even someones home for a little while. Anyway, it's always kind of struck our eye every time we see it. I felt so lucky to have been able to stop there and really capture it before the tide finally takes it away, or it gets disposed of some other way.
 







 
 
 
 
 
It was kind of sad seeing that boat washed up and forgotten about though. It reminded me of being on my uncles sail boat The Red Dwarf . Those were always fun days. Especially if the seafood festival was happening on the water front where he would dock it. My grandparents also had a boat, but it wasn't really a sailboat. it was a speed boat. We would go tubing all the time on the back of their boat. Both of these boats would also sail the delta. just as this poor dilapidated dream once did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment